Skip to main content

Ekiti First Lady, Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi denies ordering policemen to shoot FUOYE students



Ekiti First Lady, Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi denies ordering policemen to shoot FUOYE students
The First Lady of Ekiti State, Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi has denied instructing policemen attached to her convoy to shoot protesting students of Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) on Tuesday September 10. 

In her statement which countered the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) claim of her ordering her security detail to shoot the students leading to the death of at least two, Mrs Fayemi said the protest was hijacked by hoodlums who vandalised her convoy as well as vehicles of her guests during an empowerment programme she embarked on in local governments across the state. 

She said “ Yesterday, September 10th 2019, there was a crisis at Oye town in Oye Local Government, Ekiti State while I was on an empowerment and advocacy tour to engage with women across the State. The tour commenced on Monday September 9th, with visits to two local governments which were hugely successful and peaceful.
“On September 10th, we were billed to visit three local governments – Moba, Ilejemeje and Oye. The first two stops were just like the ones before – peaceful with no incident.
“While we were at Ilejemeje, we received a call from our advance security team that students of the Federal University of Oye (FUOYE) were protesting a lack of electricity in Oye town. We were told that more information would be provided on the situation. Shortly after we received word that the students had dispersed and the coast was clear for my visit.
“When my convoy got to the Oye-Isan junction, we were met by a convoy of excited Okada riders who led us into Oye town. We made a stop at the primary healthcare center along the road for me to present delivery kits to pregnant women.
“There was no sign of any trouble. We proceeded to the venue of my town hall meeting at the civic center with women in Oye Local Government.
“The atmosphere was very peaceful, the women were singing and dancing and there was nothing to indicate that anything was amiss. I stopped at the tent erected for the mobile health clinic in front of the civic center to greet the elderly patients who were being attended to, and I also went to greet the beneficiaries of the Food Bank for the elderly project (Ounje Arugbo), who were assembled under another tent. I then proceeded into the hall for the program.
“Half-way through our event, there was a disturbance outside. The FUOYE students (and possibly infiltrated by local thugs) had re-grouped and were trying to get into the venue.
“The security officers prevented this from happening. We finished our program, and by the time we got outside, we found that vehicles from my convoy and those of my guests that were parked outside the venue had been vandalised.
“As we were driving out of Oye town, we encountered at least two road blocks that the students had mounted to prevent the movement of vehicles. I could see students/thugs throwing stones and large sticks at us as we drove by.
“However, the casualties that were recorded did not take place while I was there. There are eye-witnesses, photographs and video footage to confirm this.”
She added: “There are reports circulating that the crisis occurred because I refused to address the protesting students. This is totally false.
“I did not encounter any group of students when I got to Oye town. They had dispersed before my arrival, and when they regrouped I was inside the venue.
“It is possible, as I stated earlier, that the group that came to the venue trying to gain access with sticks and stones in hand might have included local hoodlums, but there was no way of telling the difference.
“I am scandalized and shocked beyond words to hear that I instructed security officers to shoot at students.
“Yesterday morning, as I was driving past my office in Ado-Ekiti, a group of women were gathered there to protest.
“They are members of a Female Sweepers Association, who were protesting a cut in their monthly salary by the previous administration. They wanted me to help them.
“They were very polite and pleasant. I listened to them and promised to pass on their message to the appropriate authorities.
“These two protests happened on the same day. If I had met a group of protesting students, as a social justice activist myself, I would have listened to their complaints and addressed them. I firmly believe in citizens’ rights to protest on issues of concern.
“I am deeply saddened that at least one fatality has been recorded. As a mother my heart bleeds.
“All these students are my children, and no mother prays to weep over their offspring.
“I extend my sincere condolences to the family concerned, and I wish those who are still receiving treatment a speedy recovery.
“The Obirinkete Tour has been suspended pending a review of what transpired yesterday. I thank friends and all members of the public who have expressed concern over this. God bless you all.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AY Blasts Slay Queens Praying & Twerking In Underwear: "Hellfire Is For You"

Hellfire Is Waiting For You - AY Blasts Slay
Queens Praying & Twerking In Panties And Bra
(Pictures, Video)
*Don't Judge, Fans Fire Back
Comedian AY Makun is angry over what he saw
some sexy slay queens do in the video he shared
online.
In the video, the beautiful slay queens who were
dressed in undies, panties and bra were seen
praying to God in an
unusual 'crazy' manner, with 'foul' language.
This got the popular comedian angry and made
him conclude they are going to hellfire.
One of the curvy slay queens even knelt down
and started twerking in sexy manner while the
prayers were ongoing as the others tapped her
bum bum.
Sharing the video, AY wrote:
"I don't think there is any other better way to
confirm that HELL has enough rooms and BQ
waiting for some people..."
However, some of AY's fans and followers told
AY that he has no right to judge the slay queens.READ ALSO. .
HOW TO MAKE OVER N 100, 000 MONTHLY FROM FOOTBALL MATCHES (ROLL-OVER) Whi…

Make #60k And Above Blogging From The Comfort Of Your Home

WEALTH CREATION OFFER !!! With just two extra hours blogging on your choice topic / niche you could making an extra #50k monthly or even more. Learn how to create sexy blogs/website's like www.gistheaven.com and start making cool cash from affiliate marketing and ebook sells. You could sale information on anything you know how to do /buy other peoples product and resale for huge profit. If you have an ebook you sale @ #4000, and your are able to sale 1 in 2 days, that means 15 copies monthly (15*#4000= #60000) monthly. Let's Begin Today.. Pm me/ what'sapp +2348066166556 gistheaven@gmail.com for more details .

RECOMENDED : GIVE ME JUST SIX MINUTES AND I’LL SHOW YOU HOW TO MAKE BETWEEN #10,000 TO #100,000 WEEKLY FROM FOOTBALL TRADING

TASUED Post UTME/DE Form 2019/2020 Session is Out [Second Batch]

Tai Solarin University of Education, TASUED Post UTME Form for 2019/2020 Session is out. The direct entry form is also out. The cut-off mark is 180. This is the second batch. Note: this is for candidates who missed the first batch post utme registration the TASUED Post UTME FAQ.How Much is TASUED Post UTME Form? The cost of the form is Two Thousand Naira Only (N2,000). This cost also applies to direct entry candidates. Payment can be made with either VISA or MASTER Card. What is TASUED Cut-off Mark for Post UTME? UTME candidates need at least 180 to be eligible to obtain this form. When is the Deadline to Apply for TASUED Post UTME? Deadline to apply: Note Stated.  There might not be extension. Apply before the deadline. What are the documents Required for TASUED Post UTME Screening? You need the following documents (1) Colour print-out of the online Application Form. (2) Original JAMB Examination Notification of Result slip or Direct Entry Registration Slip. (3) Screening Slip and Receip…